Family & Community Engagement (FACE)
WHAT IS FACE?
**From the WSPTA FACE Handbook...
Family And Community Engagement (FACE) is at the center of everything that PTSAs accomplish. It is not one thing a PTSA does; it is part of all things that PTSA does.
The goal of family and community engagement is for each and every child and family in a community to feel as though they are part of a PTSA family, and for that PTSA family to be an active part of the community in which it resides.
Family and community engagement:
- Fosters and builds community within schools and other child-centered
activities where all feel welcome, can contribute, can benefit, and can make a positive difference for all children.
- Builds and supports positive relationships between teachers, staff,
administrators, families, and community partners.
- Provides an accessible support system between school and community
resources and families.
The Carnation Elementary PTSA FACE committee has been actively building community by:
- Providing welcome gifts to transfer students
- Planning and organizing the Ice Cream Social
- Facilitating Encanto Movie Night
- Expanding outreach efforts to build connections with all members of our CE community
FACE looks forward to adding to this list while continuing to advocate for all CE students and their families. Feedback and input is always welcome.
Laura Ancich and Keri Phillips
The mission of Carnation Elementary PTSA is to positively impact the lives of all students by partnering with staff, families, and community to foster a culture that values learning, builds community and advocates for all students to excel personally, academically and socially.